Monday

The beautiful weight of gravity

When I first started the Chez, I was immediately struck by how right the whole venture is. It utilizes everything I've ever learned or cared about, it always excites me, and -- thankfully -- it's appreciated within the community. And once again, for the first time in many months, I'm beginning to feel that old sense of the inevitability of the Chez. It's an amazing feeling. Granted, there's still so much for me to do that I don't dare stop working, but there's so much already done that I'm feeling very positive. And grateful...
Special thanks this week goes to Connie Thomski, Barb and Terri Achten, Marci Reynolds, and Jonah Rademacher, Fran Rademacher and the stage crew; Greg and Pat, and, especially, Brian and my mom, Dorothy. You all know why. I mean it quite literally when I say that I couldn't possibly do this without you. Many thanks also to Sharon at City Hall who has gone out of her way to be helpful and considerate for as long as I've been working with her. And this week she was exceptionally helpful. It means a great deal to me.

A few organizational notes:
Winter hours of the new Chez will be Tuesday and Wednesday from 6:30 to 2:30, Thursday and Friday from 6:30 a.m. to whenever the fun ends (but the kitchen closes at 8:30), and Saturdays from 8:00 to 2:30 (except for when we have special events on Saturday afternoons). And we'll be closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Also: Early on we're going to offer just a few wines and beers, but we'll be expanding the selection as time goes on and the menu develops. The few that are offered, rest assured, will be exceptionally good. We're embracing quality over quantity.

Thanks for staying tuned! We hope to see you across the counter very very soon! Watch next week for an announcement on the scheduled opening day!!! Hint: Don't eat too much at Thanksgiving. We'll need you to save a little room...

No comments:

 

OfficeMax Coupons Online
OfficeMax Coupons Online