Chez Marche FoodWorks:
The ultimate in local cuisine, since 2001Chez Marche FoodWorks (CMF), grew out of a small local-foods cafe in Central Wisconsin. Like the cafe, FoodWorks deals primarily with local artisan producers, providing the diversity and farm support of a CSA or Community Supported Agriculture subscription, with most of the convenience of a take-out restaurant dinner. Often referred to as a CSK or Community Supported Kitchen, CMF offers a variety of cooked food and partially prepped ingredients from local farms. Our customers know they're voting with their dollars for a local and sustainable food system, and they get ready-to-reheat gourmet treats, made from scratch, at much less than a restaurant would charge.
This season we're excited to be offering a broad smorgasborg of options, including charcouterie, a cook's basket of goodies, a cocktail accessory collection, and an all pasta subscription. We’re also offering a newly refined payment structure. Take a gander...
Click here to see our list of suppliers. All CMF product is made with as much locally produced food as is possible and, when we can, we buy directly from the farmer or producer. This includes all dairy, eggs, flour, oil, meat, fruit and vegetables. Even our coffee has a strong local angle.
Holiday Specials for Fall and Winter, 2013
Baked goodies for family and friends. We're happy to bake delicious treats for you, or to put together things that can make it easier to bake your own. Give us a call. Here's just a sampling of what we offer.
- Holiday cookies
- Steamed puddings
- Breads and dinner rolls
- Coffee cakes
For a full list with prices, please send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word "bakery" in the subject line.Available any time with at least four days notice and 50% deposit.
Weekly subscription options: Get great food every week!New!
Simple Pleasures: Soup and bread
Get a quart of delicious soup and a big loaf of homemade bread, every week, for just $15. Vegetarian, vegan and carnivorous options are available.
Half gallon soup, with bread $20
Classic Basket with a sampler of our goods, delivered weekly:
- one three-course meal
- one pint of soup
- one additional serving of a vegetable side
- dinner rolls or a small loaf of bread
- one serving of pasta with sauce
- one dessert (usually it’s some cookies, sometimes it’s cake, pie, muffins or homemade candies...)
- one half pint (or half-pound) of something nice (jam, sorbet, aioli, cheese dip, homemade cottage cheese, fruit syrup, honey, crackers, roasted nuts...)
PastaVore, delivered weekly**
- Two big servings of homemade pasta with sauce
- Salad or vegetable side for two
- Dinner rolls with garlic or herb butter, or aioli
Casserole for Four, delivered weekly
- Classic comforting goodness
- Dinner rolls with garlic or herb butter, or aioli
Casserole for Six, $35/week
Dinner for Two, delivered weekly**
- Two three-course meals, with dinner rolls, garlic or herb butter, or aioli
Add dessert to any option for $3 each, per week
Monthly Options: Treat yourself to something special every month...
Homemade cocktail mixers, using primarily local ingredients -- no high-fructose corn syrup! And with snacks, too! Delivered once, monthly.
- 2 pints of two different mixers with recipes (homemade tonic waters, bloody mary mix, fruit juices, tinctures, flavored syrups, etc.)
- 1 half-pint of homemade bitters
- 2 half-pints of preserved sides (pickled onions, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, cherries, brussel sprouts, etc.)
- 1 pound of cocktail nibblers: Crackers, dip or spread, roasted nuts, Chezmade cheese curds, etc.
Between seven to nine pounds of local, pastured, organically grown meat – with sauces, delivered once a month.
- 1 lb Chez made charcouterie (breakfast sausage, smoked or pickled fish, liver pate, rillettes, confit, etc.)
- 3 to four lbs marinated chicken (ready to cook or freeze)
- 3 to four lbs (precooked weight) slow-cooked beef, rabbit, lamb, pork, or duck (cooked, divided between two packages, frozen with its cooking stock, and ready to reheat or add to your creation)
- 1 pint of one kind, or two 1/2-pints of two kinds of homemade sauce or relish intended to complement the meat selection
A Cook's Guide to Eating Central Wisconsin, delivered once per monthLocal artisan product and Chez-made treats utilizing homegrown and wild-foraged ingredients. Basket may include but will not be limited to:
- Five pounds of freshly ground local flour from Stoney Acres Farm
- Five to seven pounds of winter storage crops from local farms
- One pint Sunflower Oil from Century Sun Oil
- Either 1 pint of coffee beans from Community Coffee or herbal tea blend from Chez Marche Foodworks
- Two pints of preserves either frozen or put up in jars (jam, pickles, salsa, catsup, vegetables, fruit syrups, drink mixers, honey, maple syrup, etc.)
- One pound CMF charcouterie or 1/2 pound from other local artisan producers
- Two pounds of CMF noodles (wet weight), or puff pastry dough, or filo dough, or croutons and crackers, or ready to fill pie crusts; or ?? -- all made from scratch in our kitchens
- One pint of CMF cottage cheese, creme fraiche or queso fresca, or at least a half-pound of other locally produced cheese
- One dozen cookies or equivalent
The Cadillac of Cuisine:
You can have it all.Get the Carnivore’s Delight, the Tippler’s Temptation, the Delicacies Basket and your choice of either the PastaVore, the Casserole Night, or Dinner for Two – one each week in rotation.
$180 each month*
Subscription Agreement: First two months paid up front, non-refundable, for deposit.
Pay the entire deposit balance by the end of the day, August 14th and get two complimentary "Pastavore," Dinner for Two," or "Casserole for Four" baskets.
Each month following to be paid in advance by the first of the month (i.e. December baskets to be paid for by December 1st).
Pay for the entire season by September 30th and get ten percent off.
Make your initial deposit in any amount, online, using the buttons below. You can change the quantity later in the checkout process. For instance, if you want to pay $125 now, select the Fifty dollars button, click on the arrow on the right side of the bar to show a drop down menu with more dollar options and select the Twenty dollars button and the Five dollars button. Then just select two "Fifty dollars" at the appropriate checkout screen later.
2013-14 Season begins September 17th and runs to April 22 – a total of 32 weeks or eight months.*
One-shot Treats and/or Month To Month, with no commitment. Not sure about the future? Not sure if this is going to work out for you? Want to give someone a very special gift? We understand.
A subscription allows us to charge a lower price because it minimizes our promotional needs and financial risk. But, we certainly understand that a subscription can be a big commitment, and we definitely want to make it easy for you to eat our food. So, if you’d rather just go month to month, that’s okay with us – but please understand that, because we don’t know if we’re going to have you on board for the full season, that we have to charge a slightly higher rate to cover our investment and risk (we buy whole animals and put up vegetables and fruit in bulk, in season, in order to meet demand during the winter months). That said, here are our ...
... Weekly and month to month* rates for the baskets:
- Classic Basket – $46 per week/$170 per month
- PastaVore – $29 per week/$115 per month
- Dinner for Two – $29 per week/$115 per month
- Casserole for Four – $29 per week/$115 per month
- Tippler’s Temptation – $60 per month
- Carnivores Delight – $75 per month
- Delicacies Basket – $75 per month
- Cadillac of Cuisine – $210 per month
Add a dessert for $4 each
*"Monthly" rates are based on a four-week month. After four weeks, the cycle starts again.
** Vegetarian options are available for both the PastaVore and Dinner for Two subscriptions.
Dropspots in Stevens Point, the Valley, and Waupaca areas to be determined. In some cases, door to door delivery is possible. Contact us for more information.