Light and simple meals for the New Year.
We're excited to announce a new FoodWorks option, The Resolution. It features meals with servings around 400 calories each, with lots of veggies, whole grains and only a little salt.
Enjoy delicious, refreshing, light and healthy meals made with local, sustainably grown ingredients, including grassfed meats. As always, we can do vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free meals, too.* And now you can get food in single servings. (Or as many servings as you want.)
- Chicken, mushroom and wild rice casserole
- Moroccan chickpeas and meatballs with couscous
- Beef and black bean chilaquiles casserole
- Grits and greens with smoked ham
- Swiss chard with shiitake mushroom frittata
- Mashed sweet potato and kale gratin with smoked gouda and shallots
- Winter squash gratin with poblano peppers
- Mixed greens with shredded beef, chickpeas, scallions and feta
- Horseradish scalloped potatoes with collards and ham
- Spicy tofu casserole with pork
- Chicken cassoulet with fennel and sausage
- Potato and leek gratin
- Tomato, eggplant and zucchini casserole with toasted crumbs
$6.50 per serving. Get just what you need.
How it works:
We set you up with an appropriately sized casserole dish. A real, ceramic, oven- and microwave-friendly casserole dish. Then we make meals to fit your dish, freeze them, shrink wrap them for freshness, and deliver them to you. All you have to do is pop them into your dish, thaw them out** and reheat them.
There’s an initial start-up fee of $10*** plus your first month of meals. Get all different meals or as many servings of the same dish as you want.
(Tax included at checkout.)
Minimum monthly order 8 servings. No maximum.
Simplify your life, eat well.
*We can’t accommodate extremely allergic individuals: our facility does contain gluten products and we can’t guarantee absolute purity.
**We recommend thawing overnight in the ‘fridge before cooking for best results, but you can always pop it right into the oven direct from the freezer. Just try to cook it at a lower temp until it’s thawed, and then take the heat up to the recommended temp to finish it until it’s bubbly and golden.
***If you want to have two sizes of casseroles (for instance, maybe you want some single servings for lunch, plus once a month you want a casserole dinner for the whole family), then there’s an additional charge for extra dishes. Or you could get your family-sized casserole in an aluminum foil pan for no extra charge.But we want to point out that some customers have had trouble with the foil pans getting banged up in the freezer.
NEW! The Comfort Food Casserole, Resolution Meals and Pasta-Vore can now be purchased in individual portions, without a subscription, and are delivered monthly.
A couple of old favorites...
Comfort Food Casserole
The Comfort Food Casserole subscription is our most popular option and includes monthly delivery of delicious creamy, cheesy casseroles with a dessert to accompany the meal. It's a great bargain, and a lot of fun. Schedule a carefree dinner with the fam' or a couple of friends, toss a salad, and you're good to go.
The casseroles arrive frozen, (either par-cooked or fully cooked) and ready to reheat. So they're ready for you to pop into the oven whenever you need an easy, but wholesome and locally sourced dinner. Cookies and cakes are frozen, and can simply be thawed at room temperature. Thawing and cooking directions are included. You may substitute frozen vegetable sides or bread for the dessert, or add them to your order for an additional charge if you'd rather. Vegetarian and carnivorous options are available. Please specify.
Casseroles we've served in the past include:
- Tex Mex Creamy Cheesy Ancho Chicken with brown rice
- Lasagna with spinach, ground beef and four cheeses
- Beef and mushroom strogonof
- Winter squash and onion pudding with shredded beef and pepperjack
- Scalloped potatoes with ham
- Fresh corn tomale with spicy tomato sauce and cheese
- Ratatouille chicken with mozzarella
- Pork chili with cornmeal dumplings
- Moroccan chickpea, vegetable and chicken stew with lentils
- Whole wheat egg noodles with chicken ragu and parmesan bread crumbs
- Corn and poblano casserole with roasted pork
- Beef burgundy with potatoes and carrots
- Chorizo tomato pie
- Rabbit and vegetable stew with dumplings
- Lamb asparagus crepes with parmesan and cream sauce ...
Delivered monthly, frozen, ready to reheat. Order as many units as you want per delivery.
- One big serving of homemade pasta with sauce
- Dinner rolls
Email us to arrange details!